Monday, September 12, 2011

Polish Festival



This past weekend I went to the Polish Festival in Martinez with my daughter and her friend. It was a beautiful day and I'm very glad I went. This was the first time it was held in Martinez and it was such a success. I saw so many friends and they were all looking forward to the next one. For those of you who don't know,  I am Polish! In the above you can see my daughter and I standing in front a group of Polish folk dancers.



We ate a lot of paczki but I wish I had bought more! Paczki are a Polish desert that is filled with either plum jam or advocaat. This was such a great surprise because in Poland paczki are only made after Christmas so it was great to see them in summer. They are delicious. I'm going crazy thinking about them now!




They were also selling some Polish folk art, such as wycinanki. I had a great time and seeing all of the beautiful folk dancers, art, and delicious food made me proud. If you ever get a chance to go to a Polish festival, do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment